Irish Geography Quiz Questions.
1. Which is the largest county in Ireland by area?
2. The River Dodder and the River Poddle are major tributaries of which Irish river?
The River Liffey
3. Which is the most heavily populated city in Ireland?
4. In which Irish city will you find Hunt Museum, King John’s castle and Thomond Park stadium?
5. Which is the largest county in Northern Ireland?
6. Name Ireland’s longest river.
7. Which Irish airport has the IATA code GWY?
8. In which county is Blarney Castle?
9. Name the highest peak in Ireland.
10. What is the estimated population of the the Republic of Ireland?
4,737,505 at time of writing (02/03/17). You can find a live population estimating tool here: http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/ireland-population/
My advice would be to accept all answers between 4 and 5 million.
To download the ‘Irish Geography’ quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, with questions only and spaces for contestant answers, please click on the link below: