1. In Prokofiev’s ‘Peter and the Wolf’, which instrument represents the wolf?
2. Which song was a successful single for the Jackson 5 in 1971, Gloria Gaynor in 1974 and the Communards in 1987?
Never Can Say Goodbye
3. What are the opening five words of Hotel California by the Eagles?
On a dark desert highway
4. Which band’s hits include ‘The Unforgiven’, ‘Enter Sandman’ and ‘Master of Puppets’?
5. “Away, I’d rather sail away, like a swan that’s here and gone…” These are lyrics from which Simon and Garfunkel hit?
El Condor Pasa (If I Could)
6. Who had a hit in 1990 with ‘U Can’t Touch This’?
7. On which Caribbean island was Ricky Martin born?
8. Jacqueline du Pré was famous for playing which musical instrument?
9. Which controversial musician has been part of both ‘The Libertines’ and ‘Babyshambles’?
10. Who released an album in 2015 entitled ‘Rebel Heart’?
Download a contestant sheet for the music pub quiz questions below: