Name the Year Quiz – Quite simply name the year in which the following occurred.
1. Princess Anne, Julie Walters and Robbie Coltrane were all born.
2. Kurt Cobain, John Candy and Burt Lancaster all died.
3. The ‘Times Literary Supplement’ was first published and Edward Elgar’s ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ received its London premier.
4. Frank Whittle ground-tested the first jet engine and Neville Chamberlain became Prime Minister.
5. The school-leaving age in the UK was raised to 15 and Princess Elizabeth announced her engagement to Lt Philip Mountbatten.
6. Rihanna, Jessie J and Adele were all born.
7. Margaret Thatcher and Nelson Mandela both died.
8. Pink Floyd released ‘Dark Side of the Moon’, Princess Anne married Captain Mark Phillips and George Foreman beat Joe Frazier in Kingston, Jamaica, to become World Heavyweight boxing champion.
9. Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Whitney Houston were all born.
10. Apple first introduced the iPad, a cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland caused the closure of airspace over Europe and Gordon Brown resigned as Prime Minister.
To download a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.