This round is all about films from 2014.
1. Which film from the X-Men series hit cinemas in 2014?
X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. Which 2014 film was an adaptation of a novel by John Green?
The Fault in our Stars
3. Which Stephen Sondheim musical was made into a film in this year?
Into the Woods
4. Which famous artist was portrayed in a 2014 film by Timothy Spall?
J.M.W. Turner (Mr Turner)
5. Which 2014 science-fiction film was based on a novel of the same name by Veronica Roth?
6. What was the name of the award-winning film in which Benedict Cumberbatch starred as British cryptanalyst Alan Turing?
The Imitation Game
7. Which 2014 film’s star cast included Ralph Fiennes, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law, Bill Murray and Edward Norton?
The Grand Budapest Hotel
8. Which historical drama film told the story of the 1965 voting rights marches led by Martin Luther King?
9. Which famous dog got his own film in early 2014?
10. What was the name of the film based on a memoir by Jane Wilde Hawking?
The Theory of Everything