1. Who was the youngest person to assume office as President of the U.S.A?
Theodore Roosevelt (Age 42)
2. The Spanish Armada was launched with the intention of overthrowing which English monarch?
3. In which country was Marie Antoinette born?
Austria (she was born an Archduchess of Austria)
4. Henry Cavendish is credited with the discovery of which gas, which he called ‘inflammable air’ ?
5. Who succeeded Benjamin Disraeli as Prime Minister of the UK?
William Ewart Gladstone
6. In which year was the Weimar Republic established in Germany?
7. Marinus van der Lubbe was a Dutch Council Communist who was executed for setting fire to which German building in 1933?
8. The signing of which famous document eventually led to the formation of Parliament in England?
The Magna Carta
9. On 17th June each year, Iceland celebrates its Independence Day – independence from which country’s rule?
10. “L’etat, c’est moi” (I am the state) is a quote attributed to which King of France?