1. In which Charles Dickens book do the characters Esther Summerson and Richard Carstone appear?
2. In which country was Jean-Claude Van Damme born?
3. Complete the proverb; “A prophet is not recognised…”
“…in his own land.”
4. The former ‘Republic of Rhodesia’ is now which country?
5. ‘Je t’aime…moi non plus’ reached number one in the UK, but can you name both members of the duo?
Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin
6. The Strait of Gibraltar forms a narrow channel separating Gibraltar from which African country?
7. Marshall Bruce Mathers III found fame under which stage name?
8. In the original UK format of ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’, how much was the tenth question worth?
9. In which sport is the Stanley Cup contested?
10. Which colour moves first in a game of chess?