1. How many squares are there on a chess board?
2. The ‘aurora borealis’ is more commonly known by which term?
The Northern Lights
3. What is the highest value Euro banknote in circulation?
4. ‘Ibanez’ are a company producing primarily which musical instrument?
5. The German word for ‘health’ is sometimes used in English – under which circumstance?
When someone sneezes (‘Gesundheit’ means health)
6. After how many years of marriage would you celebrate a ‘lace’ anniversary?
7. How many of the United States of America begin with the letter ‘M’?
Eight – Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri and Montana
8. If you could use the letters ‘M.Eng’ after your name, what qualification would you hold?
Master of Engineering
9. In the children’s television show ‘Sesame Street’, what is the name of the green monster who lives in the dustbin?
Oscar the Grouch
10. Where does Thursday come before Wednesday?
In a dictionary