Free History Quiz
1. What made the deciphering of hieroglyphics possible and was rediscovered in Egypt in 1799?
The Rosetta Stone
2. Who was the fourth wife of Henry VIII?
Anne of Cleves
3. Who was on the British throne at the time of the Spanish Armada?
Queen Elizabeth I
4. What has been the most common first name for an American First Lady?
Elizabeth (Elizabeth Truman, Elizabeth Monroe and Elizabeth ‘Betty’ Ford)
5. What type of Nobel prize was first awarded in 1969?
6. Which US Presidents was nicknamed ‘Tricky Dick’?
7. The Battle of Edgehill was the first of which conflict?
The English Civil War
8. Which leading member of the Nazi party was commander-in-chief of the Luftwaffe during World War II?
9. In Roman mythology, who was the Goddess of the moon?
10. Which airline is the world’s oldest one to still be using its original name?
To download the free history quiz as a PDF contestant question paper (questions therefore do not need to be read aloud), please click on the link below: