This week’s music round is based on song lyrics. One point for the naming the song that each of the lyrics are from.
Let’s start with an easy one…
1. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he’s dead.
Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
2. Let me tell you it’s always cool, and the boss don’t mind sometimes if you act the fool.
Car Wash (Rose Royce)
3. Last thing I remember I was running for the door
Hotel California (Eagles)
4. Union’s been on strike, he’s down on his luck
Livin’ on a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
5. I dialled about a hundred numbers baby, I’m bound to find somebody home.
Hot Stuff (Donna Summer)
6. Why must we separate my love, all of my whole life through
Baby Love (Supremes)
7. I hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain
Sweet Child o mine (Guns ‘n’ Roses)
8. Help me escape this feelin’ of insecurity
Relight My Fire (Dan Hartman/Take That and Lulu)
9. I must be strong and carry on, ’cause I know I don’t belong…
Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton)
10. All the flowers that you planted, Mama, in the back yard
Nothing Compares 2U (Sinead O’Connor)
To download the music round as a PDF question paper for contestants (questions therefore do not need to be read aloud), please click on the link below: