In which year did the following take place?
1. Torvill and Dean won Olympic Gold in Sarajevo, Indira Gandhi was assassinated and Michael Jackson was severely burned whilst filming an advert for Pepsi.
2. The Battle of the Somme took place, the Easter Rising occurred in Ireland and BMW was founded.
3. Queen Victoria was born, the Peterloo massacre took place in Manchester and the first major financial crisis in the U.S. began.
4. The original film version of Orson Welles’s ‘Citizen Kane’ is released, the ‘Enigma Code’ was broken and President Roosevelt signed a bill which made the 4th Thursday in November ‘Thanksgiving Day.’
5. Martin Luther King made his ‘I have a dream speech’, John Profumo resigned after an affair and President Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas.
6. The first ‘Crufts’ dog show was held in London, the first Coca-Cola was sold and the London Times published the world’s first classified advert.
7. Ramsey MacDonald became Prime Minister, the IBM corporation was founded, and Mahatma Gandhi was released from jail.
8. Cyprus and Malta joined the Euro, Fidel Castro stepped down as President of Cuba and Michael Phelps gained the record for the most Gold medals won at a single Olympic Games.
9. Britain joined the EEC, the Sydney Opera House was opened and Princess Anne married Captain Mark Phillips.
10. Mattel’s ‘Barbie Doll’ was launched, Cyprus gained independence from the UK and Charles de Gaulle became France’s President.