1. A squab is the name of the young of which bird?
2. Which chemical element has the symbol Sn?
3. What is the name of the process whereby solvent molecules in a solution move through a partially permeable membrane into a more concentrated solution?
4. The ‘malleus’, ‘incus’ and ‘stapes’ are three tiny bones in the human body – what are they more commonly called?
Hammer, anvil and stirrup
5. Which part of a horse’s anatomy lies between the fetlock and the hoof?
6. Which disease, caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, is on the increase according to recent figures?
7. Who invented the tractor?
8. What is hydroponics?
A method of growing plants in water, without soil
9. What is the name for a pregnancy, in most cases unsuccessful, in which the embryo is fertilised outside of the uterus?
Ectopic pregnancy (or eccysis / tubic pregnancy)
10. Who was the first person in the world to be conceived using IVF?