1. What type of food would you use a ‘paring’ knife for?
Fruit and vegetables
2. What type of fish is used in the production of Worcestershire sauce?
3. If you were drinking a ‘Kir Royale’, what two ingredients would you have in your cocktail?
Champagne and ‘crème de cassis’ (blackcurrant liqueur)
4. ‘Mangifera Indica’ is the botanical name a tree bearing which fruit?
5. What is the name of the type of clarified butter frequently used in Indian cooking?
6. What was the cartoon character Garfield’s favourite food?
7. The beer ‘Staropramen’ is comes from which country?
8. Which type of bread can be translated from German as ‘farting devil’ or ‘devil’s fart’?
9. A ‘tagine’ is a dish named after the earthenware pot in which it is cooked – but from which continent does is originate?
10. What is ‘Halloumi’ a Cypriot type of?