This week’s art and literature quiz is all about famous characters from books. We will give you three characters from a piece of literature, old or newer. You need to give us the name of the book as the answer. Ready?
1. Elizabeth Bennet, Charles Bingley and Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
2. Clarice Starling, Jack Crawford and Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
The Silence of the Lambs – Thomas Harris
3. Robert Langdon, Jacques Saunière and Silas.
The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
4. Anne Shirley, Marilla Cuthbert and Gilbert Blythe.
Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery
5. Wilbur, Charlotte and Templeton.
Charlotte’s Web – E.B. White
6. Atticus Finch, Arthur ‘Boo’ Radley and Bob Ewell.
To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
7. Scarlett O’Hara, Rhett Butler and Ashley Wilkes.
Gone With The Wind – Margaret Mitchell
8. Winston Smith, Mr Charrington and Big Brother
1984 – George Orwell
9. Arthur Dent, Ford Prefect and Zaphod Beeblebrox.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
10. Tom Joad, Jim Casey and Rose of Sharon.
The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck