1. Who wrote the famous 1952 poem ‘I carry your heart with me’?
2. Which composer wrote the opera ‘Carmen’?
3. Can you name all five main characters from Enid Blyton’s ‘The Famous Five’?
Julian, Dick, Anne, Georgina (George) and Timothy the dog
4. What type of ‘gene’ was the title of a 1974 Richard Dawkins book on the topic of evolution?
Selfish (The Selfish Gene)
5. Who, collectively, are Athos, Porthos and Aramis?
The Three Musketeers
6. What was the name of Eliza Doolittle’s father in ‘My Fair Lady’?
Alfred P. Doolittle
7. What is the name of the third book in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium trilogy?
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest
8. Sully Prudhomme, a French philosopher and poet, won the very first what, in 1901?
Nobel Prize for Literature
9. Who wrote ‘The Wind in the Willows’?
10. ‘Netsuke’ are miniature sculptures from which country?