1. In terms of area, which island is the largest in the Mediterranean Sea?
2. In which country is ‘Barsac’ wine produced?
3. How many long triangles are there in total on a backgammon board?
4. How many permanently inhabited Channel Islands are there?
8 (Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, Lihou and Brechou – There are also some smaller uninhabited islands)
5. Which letter in Morse Code consists of one single dash?
6. Which country has a national anthem entitled ‘Wilhelmus’ which can be translated as the name ‘William’?
7. The loganberry is a hybrid of which two fruits?
Raspberry and blackberry
8. A ‘Harvey Wallbanger’ is a cocktail consisting of vodka, orange juice and what?
9. How often does a ‘vicennial’ event occur?
Once every 20 years
10. According to Guinness World Records Jeanne Louise Calment of France holds the record for being the oldest human being to have ever lived (fully authenticated). To what age did she survive?
122 (122 years and 164 days)