1. ‘Manchego’ is a type of Spanish cheese made from the milk of which animal?
2. ‘Pho’ is a noodle soup that originates from which country?
3. A ‘T-bone’ steak has bone running along the top and the middle, with steaks either side of the bone. Which two cuts of steak would they be if served individually?
A sirloin and a fillet (Strip loin and tenderloin in the US)
4. Which Italian pasta-cooking term can be literally translated into English as ‘to the tooth’?
5. A common recipe for which traditional sauce would involve a mayonnaise base with added capers, gherkins, lemon juice and parsley or dill?
6. From what is the spice paprika produced?
7. What type of food is ‘kromeski’?
A type of minced meat croquette (Minced meat wrapped in bacon and then coated in batter and Russian or Polish in origin)
8. Which cocktail was the favourite drink of ‘The Dude’ in the 1998 film ‘The Big Lebowski’?
9. ‘Red Baron’, ‘Senshyu Yellow’ and ‘Vidalia’ are varieties of which vegetable?
10. Which type of tea has a distinctive smoky flavour due to its leaves being smoke-dried over pinewood fires?