1. What is the French word for ‘Tuesday’?
2. How many points is the letter J worth in a game of Scrabble?
3. Head is to hat, as hand is to… which word?
4. The word ‘bungalow’ is derived from which language?
Accept both Bengali and Hindi – ‘Bangla’ is a Hindi word for a house. The word also exists with a different meaning in Bengali.
5. What is the correct spelling of millennium?
Millennium – double l and double n
6. The German word ‘Luft’ translates into English as what?
7. Which famous celebrity is ‘A Pretender’ – when the letters of his name are rearranged?
8. Algophobia is a fear of what?
9. What is the official language of Togo?
10. If I were ‘acersecomic’, what would I have never done?
I would have never had my hair cut
To download the language quiz questions as a contestant question paper, please click on the grey box below: