Christmas Quiz Questions – General Knowledge Quiz linked to Christmas.
1. The song ‘Mary’s Boy Child’ reached number one twice in the UK charts – can you name both acts who performed it?
Harry Belafonte and Boney M
2. What is the name of the traditional Italian Christmas cake?
3. What is the surname of the family in Charles Dickens’s ‘A Christmas Carol’?
4. By the end of which date should all Christmas decorations be removed, so as not to bring bad luck upon the house?
5th January (Twelfth Night) (There is a tendency for ‘discussion’ on this subject! To help, please see below definition of Twelfth Night from the Oxford English Dictionary)
“The evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking”.
Oxford English Dictionary
5. What is the star sign of a person born on 25th December?
6. Which elusive piece of technology was the most popular Christmas gift in 2006?
7. 26th December is known as Boxing Day and which saint’s day?
Saint Stephen’s Day (Feast of Saint Stephen)
8. Who invented the Christmas cracker?
9. What is the greatest-selling Christmas single of all time?
Bing Crosby – White Christmas (Sales in excess of 50 million worldwide)
10. True or False; if you add together all of the gifts in the song ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’, you get 363 gifts.
False – you get 364
To download the Christmas Quiz Questions as a quiz sheet, with questions only plus gaps for answers, please click on the grey box below.