Christmas Trivia Quiz – How much do you know about art and literature with a Christmas-related theme?
1. In which year was Charles Dickens’s ‘A Christmas Carol’ first published? We shall accept two years each way!
2. “Twas the Night before Christmas when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse…” What is the next line? (18 words)
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there.
3. “Which famous writer wrote ‘A Letter From Santa Claus’, which he sent to his daughter, Susy Clemens?
4. Which famous Christmas ballet features the ‘Sugar Plum Fairy’?
5. Who painted ‘The Mystical Nativity’ in 1500?
6. Which 1846 book tells the story of a little girl selling matches on the cold streets on New Year’s Eve?
The Little Match Girl – Hans Christian Andersen
7. ‘The Snowman’ was turned into an animated film in 1982, but who wrote the original book?
8. In the song of ‘The Twelve days of Christmas’, what new gift was given on the 6th day?
6 Geese a-laying
9. Can you name all 8 reindeer, as listed in ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (or Donner – depending on version) and Blitzen
10. What were the names of the Three Wise Men?
There are different variations of these:
1 Caspar (accept also Gaspar, Jaspar, Jaspas or Gathaspa)
2. Melchior (accept also Melichior)
3. Balthazar (accept also also Balthasar, Balthassar, and Bithisarea)
To download the Christmas Trivia quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: