1. Which female member of Team GB won a gold medal in the Skeleton event at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics?
2. How many people are there in a curling team?
3. Which four-lettered winter sport is the French word for ‘sledge’ or ‘toboggan’?
4. In which country will the 2018 Winter Olympic Games be held?
South Korea (Pyeongchang)
5. In skiing, which piste colour denotes a beginner’s slope?
6. Which country has won the most Winter Olympic medals to date?
Norway (329 medals since 1896, followed by the United States with 282)
7. Torville and Dean famously won Gold at the 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics, but they also won a medal at the 1994 Lillehammer games. Which colour was the medal?
8. Which 1993 American comedy film is loosely based on the Jamaican bobsleigh team’s debut entry into the 1998 Winter Olympics in Calgary, Canada?
9. Which two sports are included in the Winter Olympic Biathlon?
Skiing and shooting (cross-country skiing and rifle shooting)
10. Bobsleigh has two events with different numbers of competitors in each team. How many people are in a bobsleigh in each of the two events? (Give two numbers as your answer)
2 and 4
To download the Winter Sports quiz as a PDF contestant question paper, please click on the link below: